The cath and balloon valvuloplasty were unsuccessful. The vein they were trying to balloon was too small. Dan stayed the night in the CICU recovering, and he did AMAZING when they took him off of the ventilators and took the breathing tube out. He is so strong, a little trooper. He came out of anesthesia well too. He was able to come home with us, and he is doing really well. He was really raspy sounding from the breathing tube but he sounds SOOOO much better now. He had a little cold and cough too and thats gone as well. yay!
Dan is truly a little miracle. He has brought our family so much closer together. (not just me and tyler, but everyone) I feel so much closer with my sister in laws, they are the best aunts and they love Dan so much. They are so cute with him. My mom has been over to help so much. She cleans my house, she does anything I need. She just made Dan a cute little dream catcher so I will have to take some pics of that and post it sometime. My mom, and Tylers parents take turns doing "the shifts" we always have someone here with us at night. So they take shifts from like 12am-3am and 3am-6am It has been such a blessing to Tyler and I to have their help, we are able to get some sleep at night because of them. Tyler's Dad has been great. He is the family spokesperson. He has helped us get all the hospice and insurance stuff figured out. He also helps us to stay calm. Tylers Mom goes to the store for me, and cleans and does anything we need. I am so grateful for her and how she raised Tyler. He is such a good husband. I feel like I can tell my mother in law anything, just like my own mom. My Dad had a hard time coming around at first. It was really hard for him to see me in the hospital in so much pain, since I am his one and only. He is much better now and loves Dan so much. He is so cute with him. Big Dan and Little Dan. :) Dan has some pretty awesome Grandpas if I do say so myself! :)
Everyone is running on so little sleep I really dont know how we are functioning. Haha. There was a funny comic in the paper the other day. It was a picture of a husband and wife that looked completely exhausted, still in their PJ's and it said "looks like we both got our ugly sleep" Haha. I cut it out of the paper and put in on my fridge. Makes me laugh, thats totally how I feel right now. :)
I still have so much to update on. Whats crazy is really, I dont remember a lot of my labor. Which is probably a good thing. I remember listening to Enya on Pandora radio.. which didnt seem to relax me. I remember I would fall asleep for minutes between contractions. I remember there were way too many people coming in and out but i really could care less. I remember Tyler was pushing my knees to help with the pain, and tylers mom and my mom were pushing with all of their strength on my hips at the same time.. they say they were so tired, but i felt like they weren't even pushing on me. I remember Cassie, Nikiesha and Leah called my room, while i was in labor. and i was all excited each time and told Tyler to talk to them but then I would get another contraction. hahaha. awkward. I hear bits and pieces of stories from Tyler and my mom and his mom, and I kinda remember some of it, but wow. It completely exhausted me. I was in labor for 30 hours with 3 hours of pushing with no epidural. So maybe that will sum it up. I ended up with severe preeclampsia, they had to give me magnesium through my IV, which makes you feel like you were hit by a bus or truck or maybe both.. haha. My dang blood platelets crashed and burned at the last minute. After almost 6 months of prednisone steroids still no luck. Good news though, I have 240,000 blood platelets according to my last CBC that was done last monday. hahaha. They were at 40,000 when I was in the hospital. I had an IVIG infusion to try and give me blood platelets. I think that got them up to 50-60 but still not good enough for an epidural. It was worth it though, and I would do it again if I had to. Even if I only had Dan with us for 30 minutes. Anyways, thats about all I can post right now. I will have to look at the hospital papers in order to remember more. (i know that sounds so weird i dont even remember it)
I just want to thank you all again for all of your thoughts, prayers and sweet words. It helps us out so much to know of your love.
Here's some pics
I like this pic a lot, I think this is our first family photo. A very emotional photo. I am so swollen and look like hell, but I still like it. :)
Dan in his Easter outfit. He looks so mischevious :)
Dan w/ mommy on Easter Sunday
We look a lot better in this pic :)


6 comments:
I'm so happy you are enjoying being a mom since you were so nervous during your pregnancy! Ha Ha! You are a wonderful mom and I've been so impressed with how well you have become one. You are such a strong person and Dan is so lucky to have amazing parents.
I am sorry to hear that the cath was not successful. I am sure that life must be an absolute blur right now, but what a wonderful blur! I am so impressed with Dan's fight for life and I hope that you continue to have some good time with just the three of you to love him and make those sweet memories. Take lots of video and pictures and please know that we continue to pray for you all!
It's not crazy that you don't remember your details of your labor, it's a pretty intense thing. I had trev sending out text the whole time that i refered back to and we talked about it in the following days to that I could remember as much as I do. It's SO nice to get to that feeling like things are just normal, especially after all that you guys have been through.
It's great Dan has made everyone so much closer, what a blessing. I hope Dan the man gets to spend tons more time with his wonderful family.
If you ever need a had you know my number :) Love you guys.
I can't read any of your posts without tearing up. I am so proud of you Lindsay! We are still praying for your family all the time!
I have said this before, but you are simply AMAZING Lindsay!! I wish you would've had better luck with the cath. Dan looks so adorable in his easter outfit, I love it!! He couldn't be any sweeter!
Your strength through all of this has been inspiring. I don't know that I could do it. You and your sweet family are amazing and a wonderful example. Really makes me stop and cherish all the things in my life. Dan has stayed for a reason, and I'm sure it's because of the abundance of love you all have shared with him. Sending more prayers your way. :)
Post a Comment