Lindsay and Tyler

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jan 13, 2010

Wrist

Well I went to the Dr again 2 weeks ago, I am now going to an orthopaedic hand and wrist specialist. I feel much better about this doctor, but I had quite the experience at my last visit with him. First, I go in and had new xrays taken. He examined my wrist, and told Tyler and I that it would be best if I had surgery again.First they would sedate me, and manully try and turn my wrist, with the chance of it breaking my wrist again.. then if that happened he would do the pin reduction again on my ulna or something.  He said the xrays made it look like my ulna was out of place..  So he wanted an MRI to double check all the tissues, joints, etc. So I go in for an MRI, pretty much sucked. :( my arm was twitching so bad they had to keep retaking some images. Then i have to wait for those images to be printed, head back to the specialists office. Then he takes a look at those, and says my ulna should be okay, and hopefully with another month of physical therapy my wrist would be able to turn. So no surgery for now. My last physical therapy appt is Jan 29th, if i still cant rotate my wrist all the way.. then it will be surgery time again. :( Im also going to a new therapist for my wrist and things seem to be progressing a lot better. (but it hurts more.. haha) so definitely no snowboarding this year.   :(

1 comment:

Chels & Nash said...

Oh Linds I'm so glad that for now no surgery and that you are having better results with your new physical therapist. Hopefully next year we can go snowboarding together:)