Well! It's taken me a while to finally get back on the blog- BUT hopefully I will get better at it! It's funny to look back at my last post, because I said it would be cool if Lou was born on my birthday...and he was! I knew it!! HAHA! SO! Where to start.. I read on babycenter.com and a few other places on the internet that women had eaten fresh pineapple and it helped to start their labor.. gave them contractions..etc. So on June 11, I went to the store and bought me some fresh pineapple! I ate some early that afternoon and nothing happened. I finished off the container of pineapple right before Tyler and I went to our friends Spencer and Lauren's house to eat some icecream! A few hours later, Lauren and I were sitting at her kitchen table and I stood up and said "wow, feel my stomach Im having a contraction right now!" (I was used to having them, Braxton Hicks, whatever) but I also had a sudden urge to pee. So I went to the bathroom, washed my hands, was ready to open the door, and... Did I just pee my pants? Lol, my water broke at their house and it was gushing! It was so funny. I came running out "My water just broke and I am not kidding!!" It was pretty hilarious! So my water broke at about 8:00pm, and my mom called me just as all the crazyness was going on! So it was great. Lauren gave me a beach towel and a garbage bag for the drive to our house ( I had to grab my makeup bag-hospital bag was already in the car.) Then we headed over to Ogden Regional! It was so embarrassing getting checked in- standing there with a big beach towel in between my legs! I expected them to hurry and sit me down, in a wheelchair, and wheel me off to my room.. but I had to stand there and give them all my information! It was a pain, I had already mailed my admittance papers to them weeks ago! Lol. So we got all situated and (yes my water is still just leaking all over.. so gross) we were put in a really nice room! We got to stay in the same room the whole time too, (with Dan we had to move to several rooms) and this room was huge! the bathroom was also huge. I had great nurses the whole time! They did my bloodwork and I was super stressed because I didnt know what my platelets would be! (My insurance denied my IVIG blood platelet infusion) It took about 3 hours for my bloodwork to come back So I think I got my epidural at about 12am or 1am? I dont really know! But YES! I got an epidural, and it was the best thing EVER. I loved just being able to enjoy my labor...sit and talk comfortably to Tyler, and my nurses. I really liked knowing what was going on, and not being in so much pain. I also liked that I could still FEEL my contractions, but they werent painful. I did have to breath through some contractions until I got the epidural so Im glad I was a little prepared for that to happen. My blood platelets were at 123,000 so barely high enough for me to get one! I cant even tell you all how great this whole hospital experience was for me!!! My Dr was out of town until the night before too, so even he was there to deliver Lou! (My Dr was not there when Dan was born!) I started feeling a lot of pressure, like I needed to just start pushing around maybe 6am? It was weird. My Dr showed up (who is awesome) and I only had to push through like 4 or 5 contractions. So probably only about 15 minutes. I had to have another episiotomy (which was no big deal) and Lou Daniel was born at 7:13 am weighing 6 lbs 8 oz, 19 inches long! He was placed on my stomach and Tyler and I were overwhelmed with so much happiness. He was finally here! A healthy baby! I hoped and prayed everyday things would go well for this baby and they did! He was here! The nurses took him and weighed him and cleaned him off a bit and I was suprised he weighed 6lbs 8oz! He was over a pound bigger than Dan, and 2 inches longer too! We were both excited to see that he had a full head of hair like Dan, but we didnt really think he looked like Dan at all! Now that he is almost 3 weeks old- he looks ALOT like Dan. I cant believe he is already almost 3 weeks old. Time has gone by so fast, and I am loving every minute of it. Lou is a really good little baby!! He eats well and sleeps well and he loves to do tummy time. He is one spoiled little boy and everyone has been so happy to meet him. Im excited for the 4th of July, it will be his 2nd holiday with us. First was Fathers Day! and it was a GREAT fathers days for Tyler!! Other little tid bits--- he does great during bathtime, his umbilical cord came off when he was 6 days old, at his 2 week check he weighed 6 lbs 13 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.. he was a little jaundiced so we had to do the bilirubin bed and biliblanket for 2 days--during that time he got a little acid reflux or something that he did not care for and he let us know about it! His jaundice is fine now and luckily we only had to use that bed for 2 days! I am really happy with our pediatrician so far, and I love that the clinic is less that 5 mins away from our house. Lou loves to pee on me and Tyler, and he can squirt his poo pretty far. (hahaha) He is a dangerous weapon. But as long as he is poopin and peein and eating and sleeping the way he should thats fine with me! We are so happy to finally have Lou here, and we are so blessed to have a healthy baby. It is truly a miracle to get a healthy baby here safe and sound and problem free! I am so grateful to have this little boy here. He makes me so happy. I know Dan has been watching over our little family, throughout my pregnancy and now. He taught his little bro how to be a good baby just like him! I am a proud mommy of 2 little angels. One in Heaven and one on Earth.
Family photo after Lou's birth (like 15 minutes after he was born probably)
Family photo after Dan's birth (hours after Dan was born) .... quite the difference huh!!
Lou right after birth- when I held him for the first time
Lou a couple of hours old--its so fun we share a birthday!
Dan ^ newborn pic
Lou ^ newborn pic (they look a lot alike huh!!)
Lou newborn pic
I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment